A NEW WAY TO DELIVER LEARNING SUPPORT
New Zealanders want an education system where all children and young people can take part in education and can learn and achieve, whatever their needs or differences.
One in five children and young people need some kind of learning support.
The Learning Support Action Plan 2019 – 2025 sets out priority actions that will make the most difference, to ensure that children and young people get the right support, at the right time.
To read the Learning Support Action Plan 2019-2012 Click Here
FINANCE 101 WORKSHOPS – BOARD OF TRUSTEES
The beginning of a board’s term is an opportunity to better understand its role and responsibility regarding financial management.
Throughout August, September and October the Ministry of Education is running workshops to provide advice and guidance on the fundamentals of school finance.
The workshops are designed for baord members, principals and business managers and will cover:
- governance and management structure in relation to school finance
- roles and responsibilities in relation to school finance
- common financial risk areas
- financial management “good practices”
- financial compliance – what your financial obligations are
- key transactions and areas of focus – common challenges in managing school finances.
Click Here for a list of workshop locations